Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Chicken A La King (Filipino Style)



 Chicken a la king is a chicken dish consist of cubed chicken in a creamy sauce, this can be cooked with or without sherry or white one. I cooked this for my Filipino friends so I omitted the wine since wine is not common in Philippine cuisine. I added some pineapple for a tangy taste since I omitted the wine. An excellent dish according to my friends who ate this.

Ingredients for 5 servings:
1/2 kilo boneless chicken breast ( cubes)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper (diced)
1 red bell pepper ( diced)
1/4 cup flour
1 onion
1 cup water
1 cup fresh or evaporated milk
1 cup Nestle cream
1 cup pineapple (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
1. Saute the onion then add the chicken then pan fry it until brownish then remove the chicken and set aside.
2. Add the mushrooms and bell peppers then stir until soften, add the flour and stir for 2 minutes then add the water and milk then continue to simmer until almost boiling.
3. Add the chicken, salt and pepper to taste then simmer until everything is cooked.
4. Add the Nestle cream then simmer for a minute and turn off the heat.
5. Serve hot with rice or bread.

7 comments:

  1. do i need cooking oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about chicken ala king on bread? just put the cook chicken ala king and bake for few minutes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. pwedi po ba fresh coconut milk ang gamitin instead of evaporated milk and nestle cream?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome food it makes me nostalgic I miss my mom right now I miss how she cooks food that fulfill the needs of my stomach... I will try to cook this and order the spices at (https://www.goods.ph/nestle-thick-cream-300g-9328.html) Thank you for sharing this recipe I’ll always remember the day this day...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog